Friday 17 May 2013

Librarian complete.



A work in progress gathering dust, I finally plucked up the nerve to finish off this model which had previously been in limbo.



The picture above shows it  'mid-painted'. After painting oh-so-many white colour scheme Grey Knights, I suppose I lost interest halfway painting. In fact I'm having the same problem finishing off my Dreadknight at the moment!

For me, the urge to paint 40k miniatures comes in swings and roundabouts. Sometimes I have manic periods and I finish off squad after squad, other times I just seem to lose the will to paint as the task becomes ever more daunting with each new model added to my collection.

So what I tend to do is rotate models of different schemes/type to keep it fresh in my mind that painting is a hobby that I enjoy, not a chore to be undertaken!



There is nothing more satisfying than finishing off the model, completed and ready for us in the tabletop. The trouble is picking up the nerve to persevere to that point!

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of 40k player/collectors do feel the same way, especially those having to paint repetitiously in a horde fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment