Wednesday 21 March 2012

Modelling Rules Counters

Taste the rainbow.

Following on from the theme of making one's owns wound counters from my last post, I've taken things further and used a bunch of spare 25mm counters to make my own rules counters/markers, to mark things out like crew shaken, crew stunned, etc, vehicle damage results, as every 40k player knows well that's hard to keep track of these things during the heat of the battle!

For extra-handiness, I even colour-coded them Tron-style, highlighting them at the edges, so I can remember them better! Blue = Shaken, Green = Stunned, Red = Immobilised, Yellow = Weapon Destroyed.

Here at Wednesday Night Gaming we already use a set of plain black card 'counters', which are in reality spare Space Hulk square off-cuts, with the results painted on in white paint. It's about time we had some proper counters! Next time I get another big set of 25mm counters from Ecstasy Bay, I'll be making more of these.

Again I'm not a big fan of the GW-approved versions, despite the handy to pick out neon green plastic aesthetic. It all just looks like a pile of spare Necron Gauss elements to me, which I just get that uncontrollable urge to sweep aside.



As a side note, I was very much inspired by the GW-website article for making your own counters/markers, a screencap portion of which I've put here as most of these very handy articles have now been taken down from the original website, for some arcane reason. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only regret is not creating more! The whole lot got used in a game last night, and we ran out of immobilised counters (we had about 6 of 'em), so we made do with our old counters as well.

    ReplyDelete